June 4, 2010

Asian Noodle Salad

*I made this for a baby shower yesterday....it was yummy! Just what you want for dinner during the hot summer days. I think next time i will add some pulled rotisserie chicken to make it a full meal. It makes a TON! This recipe is from the Pioneer Woman...check out her website for pic's and other yummy recipes*


SALAD INGREDIENTS:
1 package Linguine Noodles, Cooked, Rinsed, And Cooled (I used whole wheat...so yummmy!)
½ heads Sliced Napa Cabbage, Or More To Taste
½ heads Sliced Purple Cabbage, Or More To Taste
½ bags Baby Spinach, Or More To Taste (I almost doubled this...Im a fan of spinach)
1 whole Red Bell Pepper, Sliced Thin
1 whole Yellow Bell Pepper, Sliced Thin
1 whole Orange Bell Pepper, Thinly Sliced
1 bag Bean Sprouts (also Called Mung Bean Sprouts)
Chopped Cilantro, Up To 1 Bunch, To Taste (I did about 2/3rds a bunch)
3 whole Scallions, Sliced
3 whole Cucumbers Peeled And Sliced (I only did 1 1/2)
1 can (about 10 Oz.) Whole Cashews, Lightly Toasted In Skillet (I forgot the cashews...to save on calories...but no doubt they would be yummy!)
_____


FOR THE DRESSING:
1 whole Lime, Juiced (I did 2 limes)
1/2 cup Olive Oil
1/2 cup Soy Sauce
2 Tablespoons (up To 3 Tablespoons) Sesame Oil
⅓ cups Brown Sugar (I did 1/2 cup...felt like it needed to be sweeter)3 Tablespoons Fresh Ginger Chopped
2 cloves Garlic Chopped
2 whole Hot Peppers Or Jalapeno's, Chopped (I did one serrano pepper)
Chopped Cilantro (I just did 1-2 TBSP...there's alot of cilantro in the salad)

*So I just put all the salad dressing ingredients into a big canning jar and shook it...made it so easy and easy to store too*

Preparation Instructions
Mix salad ingredients together. Whisk dressing ingredients together and pour over salad. Mix with tongs or hands and serve on a platter.
Note: dressing keeps for up to three days before serving, without cilantro.

So I put all the veggies that I chopped in a BIG ziploc and slowly added the dressing until I felt like it was coated. Just zip up the bag, shake it up and pour into a bowl...no mess! Be careful on over do-ing the dressing...it can be strong if there is too much, so add little bits at a time and taste test it.
This salad looks really pretty in a glass bowl....has so many colors going on and is super healthy!

No comments: